A NEW MOON happens on March 22, 2023 (1:23 AM, Philippine Time), at exactly 00°49′ of ARIES.
This month’s New Moon is here, and once again, we find ourselves under a star-filled, moonless night. New Moon periods are windows of time where we may auspiciously set intentions, like planting seeds on fertile soil. Symbolically, we anchor our intentions to the lunar light, allowing these intentions to grow alongside the waxing of the Moon. This month’s commanding NEW MOON happens in the realm of Cardinal Fire, ARIES, the sign of the warrior!
NEW MOON in ARIES
The Sun is finally in Aries, marking the beginning of a new Astrological year. It is springtime in the northern hemisphere, where, after a long, cold winter, nature finally awakens, setting forth a new cycle of life. A new chapter has started, still with blank pages upon pages, waiting to be filled up with all shapes, colors, and textures of experience.
Spring gears up to blossom in its full glory, ushered in by the arrival of the annual New Moon in Aries. Fiery Aries, in all its force and bravado, ignites the spark within us that inspires creativity, ambition, and confidence. Like a small seed planted in the ground, ready to break the ground to claim its place under the Sun, we are braver now to pursue things that we are scared to take on, and new beginnings are likely to strongly manifest in the area of life where this lunation lands on your chart. Aries, the ram, is the epitome of being headstrong, with solid will that withstands turbulence and pressure. A ram attacks things head on, no matter how intimidated it may be. Seeing a ram engaging in ritual fight gives us a clear idea of the sheer power of bravado and courage found in the Aries archetype :
This new Moon is not just the start of a lunation cycle, it also the happening at 0 degrees of Aries, the first sign of the zodiac, at the beginning of spring, which is the start of a new astrological year. This is a very strong marker for a reset; a new chance at starting again, and getting it right this time.
The New Moon’s conjunction with Mercury, the planet of communication and the mind, means that our thoughts, communication, and knowledge will play a key role in the upcoming days. It is a perfect opportunity to enrich our minds, expand our horizons, and learn new skills that can help us achieve our objectives, no matter how difficult they may be.
It is time to shed the old and embrace the new, dear reader. This is an ideal moment to dig deep and unearth our true desires, passions, and motivations. Letting go of the past and stepping into the present with refreshed enthusiasm, is an easy gift of this period. The energy of the universe is focused on pushing us forward towards our goal, like how it pushes a tiny seed to take this giant step up to meet the Sun, from the depth of darkness out into the light. 🌱
What area of life will be activated by this refreshing, but forceful New Moon in fiery ARIES?
Check your rising sign below, to find out!
1. Aries Risings: SELF! Changes and improvements in physique, new personal goals, confidence, self-expression, vitality, and the physical body, your personal goals, and endeavors, your image, and your facade. Self-empowerment and the importance of putting yourself first, over anyone, the need to speak your truth
2. Taurus Risings: Rest and contemplation, spirituality, letting go, planning a new frontier, solitude, and peace of mind, endings, hidden situations, people in the past, spiritual teachers, hospitals, prison, and others isolated from society, hidden relationships, secret situations, hidden situations, fear of integrating, people who feel like emotional chains that you are energetically dependent on
3. Gemini Risings: Social network, social connections, friendships and groups, community, acquaintances, organizations, advocacies, future plans, hopes, and wishes, accumulations, and gains, politicians, social reform, championing causes
4. Cancer Risings: Career, colleagues and associates, Improvement of profession, reputation, achievement, public life and recognition, ambitions, general life direction, relationship with authority figures, and other people in power, parents especially the mother, bosses, government officials, what you are known for
5. Leo Risings: Travel abroad, foreigners, higher education, going back to school, the higher mind, religion and those in the religious order, belief systems, law, publishing houses, professors, mentors, students, people from a different background/status/race/religion/age, etc.
6. Virgo Risings: Joint ventures, business partnerships, joint accounts, investments, inheritance, mutual funds, stock market, merging of assets, wealth managers, commissions, managerial work, loans, debts and taxes, co-dependency with spouse, sexual and emotional intimacy
7. Libra Risings: Focus on the other, marriages, relationships, committed partnerships, litigation, client-based work, one is to one interaction, concern for others, socialization, lawyers, litigation, contracts, close associations, open enemies
8. Scorpio Risings: Your daily schedule, daily chores and errands, health, lifestyle changes, health practitioners, volunteering, service, practicing craft, perfecting a technique, workplace and relationship with co-workers, everyday errands, employees and staff, hired help, mind and body connection, day to day
9. Sagittarius Risings: Romance and romantic prospects, love life, children and kids in general, fertility, creativity, creative self-expression, creative entrepreneurship, pleasure, fun, artistry, performance, creative partners
10. Capricorn Risings: Family and immediate family members, home, parents especially the father, properties, ancestry, residential areas, land, real estate, private life, past conditioning, your inner base of operations, people you live with, residential spaces, home renovations
11. Aquarius Risings: Siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, and other extended relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins), automobiles, out-of-town trips, short-term travel, people you meet in local explorations, neighbors, immediate community, webinars, short-term courses, accreditations, certifications, teachers or instructors/facilitators
12. Pisces Risings: Money and personal income, material purchases, personal savings, self-worth and self-value, financial independence, possessions, personal resources, entrepreneurship, people that you encounter in business, customers and patrons, people who affect your self-value, self-sufficiency
Good luck everyone! Stay tuned for next month’s Cosmic Weather Report!
To review the remaining transits for the month, click here.