A New Moon Partial SOLAR ECLIPSE happens on October 25, 2022 (6:48 PM, Philippine Time), in exactly 02° of the fixed water sign of SCORPIO.
Eclipses signal in great new beginnings and great new endings. The SOLAR ECLIPSE happening this month is conjunct the south node, bringing not just closures and culminations, but also glimpses of the possibilities that can encourage us to turn the page, for a new chapter to be written. Those with personal planets or points from 0°-7° of fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius) are in the direct path of the eclipse, and those with planets and points in 26°-29° of Cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn) may also be affected, with lesser intensity.
If born during these days, you are likely to be affected by this Solar Eclipse more than most:
TAURUS: April 20 -27 LEO: July 23 - 29 SCORPIO: October 23 - 29 AQUARIUS: January 20-27
To a lesser degree, those born under these dates may also be affected by this:
ARIES: April 17 - 19
CANCER: July 19 - 22
LIBRA: October 20 - 22
CAPRICORN: January 17-19
Partial Solar Eclipse in Scorpio
Scorpio is the sign that represents transformation and change. The cyclical death of nature, as it prepares for the rebirth that will happen in spring. It’s all about life being prepared outside of sight; life stirring from underneath, as externally, trees lose their leaves, and animals hibernate, in preparation for a cold winter. It is precisely this period of pause, that allows for the ability to be reborn, for a chance to start anew.
This Solar Eclipse is conjunct the south node, a point that determines areas in our life where we feel ‘stuck’. For some, it may be an area of life where we feel too much comfort to the point of stagnation. For others, these are areas that feel like chains almost, areas where we feel ‘trapped’. Events brought about by this eclipse may act as a ‘teaser’ of possibilities that can happen, once we finally let go of that which no longer serves us. This may feel like a nudge from the Universe, encouraging us to sever unhealthy attachments and definitively close the door on whatever it is in our lives that hinder our growth.
This eclipse is exactly conjunct VENUS, the planet of love, romance, beauty, and partnerships. However, Venus in this part of the sky is brooding, suspicious, and difficult to appease. Discontent can be strong now, in all kinds of relationships that are either stagnant but comfortable, or too intense to the point of toxicity. Ready or not, the start of an uncomfortable change of heart may be activated for some. For some who have already started this process of change, this eclipse will push you closer to the inevitable decision, whatever it may be.
Within the next 6 months, possibilities for new partnerships may be offered, or at the very least, previewed, giving glimpses of an alternative life; possibly one we could have if we were brave enough to take the risk. For most, this vision may be a catalyst for movement. Scorpio energy is all about revealing the naked truth, no matter how painful it may be, and relationships that linger even though they’ve run their course may finally be stripped off of all pretenses. This eclipse energy may serve as a broom, dustpan, and vacuum even, forcing you to raise the rug, so you may see every bit of reality that you’ve swept under it.
Eventually, we all reach the proverbial fork in the road:
- on one side, a path to deep, transformative change within the association/partnership, one that overhauls every aspect of the union, scrubbing it sore until it’s almost new.
- In another direction, a path that leads to inaction, where nothing changes externally, but internally, the intense awareness of reality eats every inch of your spirit until there is nothing left but a shell of fear and regret, outlining the essence of who you once were,
- and lastly, the way of the caterpillar: having the courage to follow the instinct inside you, embracing the inevitable end, letting go, as it builds a cocoon of darkness. At the end of this painful process, waiting, is the ability to fly.
A set of eclipses happen every 6 months, so nothing to be afraid of! They are fairly regular occurrences in time. However, here are important reminders that one should take note of in the event of an eclipse:
1. Avoid making life-changing decisions at least a week before and after the eclipse. Eclipses are shadows covering the light, so awareness is compromised. It’s best to go with the flow for now.
2. Be open to changes manifesting. During this time, it is important to accept the progression of life situations. Holding on or fighting transformation may cause more stress and anxiety.
3. Expect heightened emotions. Embracing feelings does not require one to act on them or make decisions based on them. Respect whatever emotion you are feeling, allow it to exist, and let it run its course. Knowing most likely that people around you might be feeling out of sorts too, can help with the bubble of isolation that one might feel during these periods.
In what area of your life will be transformed by this New Moon Solar Eclipse in Scorpio?
Check your rising sign below, to find out!
1. Aries Risings: Joint ventures, business partnerships, joint accounts, investments, inheritance, mutual funds, stock market, merging of assets, wealth managers, commissions, managerial work, loans, debts and taxes, co-dependency with spouse, sexual and emotional intimacy
2. Taurus Risings: focus on the other, marriages, relationships, committed partnerships, litigation, client-based work, one is to one interaction, concern for others, socialization, lawyers, litigation, contracts, close associations, open enemies
3. Gemini Risings: your daily schedule, daily chores and errands, health, lifestyle changes, health practitioners, volunteering, service, practicing craft, perfecting a technique, workplace and relationship with co-workers, everyday errands, employees and staff, hired help, mind and body connection, day to day
4. Cancer Risings: Romance and romantic prospects, love life, children and kids in general, fertility, creativity, creative self-expression, creative entrepreneurship, pleasure, fun, artistry, performance, creative partners
5. Leo Risings: Family and immediate family members, home, parents especially the father, properties, ancestry, residential areas, land, real estate, private life, past conditioning, your inner base of operations, people you live with, residential spaces, home renovations,
6. Virgo Risings: Siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, and other extended relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins), automobiles, out-of-town trips, short-term travel, people you meet in local explorations, neighbors, immediate community, webinars, short-term courses, accreditations, certifications, teachers or instructors/facilitators
7. Libra Risings: Money and personal income, material purchases, personal savings, self-worth and self-value, financial independence, possessions, personal resources, entrepreneurship, people that you encounter in business, customers and patrons, people who affect your self-value, self-sufficiency,
8. Scorpio Risings: SELF! Changes and improvements in physique, new personal goals, confidence, self-expression, vitality, and the physical body, your personal goals, and endeavors, your image, and your facade. Self-empowerment and the importance of putting yourself first, over anyone, the need to speak your truth
9. Sagittarius Risings: Rest and contemplation, spirituality, letting go, planning a new frontier, solitude, and peace of mind, endings, hidden situations, people in the past, spiritual teachers, hospitals, prison, and others isolated from society, hidden relationships, secret situations, hidden situations, fear of integrating, people who feel like emotional chains that you are energetically dependent on
10. Capricorn Risings: Social network, social connections, friendships and groups, community, acquaintances, organizations, advocacies, future plans, hopes, and wishes, accumulations, and gains, politicians, social reform, championing causes
11. Aquarius Risings: Career, colleagues and associates, Improvement of profession, reputation, achievement, public life and recognition, ambitions, general life direction, relationship with authority figures, and other people in power, parents especially the mother, bosses, government officials, what you are known for
12. Pisces Risings: Travel abroad, foreigners, higher education, going back to school, the higher mind, religion and those in the religious order, belief systems, law, publishing houses, professors, mentors, students, people from a different background/status/race/religion/age, etc.