A NEW MOON happens on January 22, 2023 (6:16 PM, Philippine Time), at exactly 01°32′ of fixed air AQUARIUS, the sign of the water bearer.
This month’s New Moon is here, and once again, we find ourselves under a star-filled, moonless night. New Moon periods are windows of time where we may auspiciously set intentions, like planting seeds on fertile soil. Symbolically, we anchor our intentions to the lunar light, allowing these intentions to grow alongside the waxing of the Moon. This month’s abundant NEW MOON happens in the realm of fixed air, AQUARIUS, the sign of the genius.
AQUARIUS (The Water Bearer)
Aquarius as an archetype has always been complex. Being the opposite sign of Leo, the sign of the king, Aquarius operates antithetically to almost everything that is promulgated by any centralized authority. Conformity is not just uncomfortable, it is almost a betrayal of the unspoken creed that is the heart of this archetype – absolute independence. To live a fulfilling life, freedom is not just valued, it is required. Happiness is only authentic if it is self determined, discovered outside of anyone else’s input.
Architypically, Aquarius represents the parts of our chart where we stand out without intending to. It is where we choose to be set apart, our actions guided by authenticity more than any agenda. Aquarius is not fame-seeking, nor does it require recognition. It is about steadily forging its own path and staying on it, regardless of external pressure and external validation. The paradox though is that this becomes exactly the reason why it commands attention; human psyche dictates that those who try hard to be liked, tend to repel favor. What is relentlessly pursued here is not aunthentic self-expression; that is a given to the Aquarian. The mountain to conquer here, consciously or not, is the dream to develop innovation and ingenuity that helps the greater community in one way or another. This includes a deep need to cultivate originality in whatever path it chooses to take. This is done by putting a premium on rationality, truth and logic over the egoic pursuits of acclaim.
NEW MOON IN AQUARIUS
This New Moon shares a degree based, out-of-sign conjunction with Pluto (in Capricorn), the planet of change and deep transformation. For the next 2 weeks, tradition and established habits carve out spaces for updated ways of being. This lunation allows us, encourages us even, to take the first few steps to autonomy in the area of our lives where it lands. You may set forth on a journey to find out (or re-learn) your own unique purpose, that which gives you deep joy, without necessarily demolishing what is established. It is important to understand that the ability to live a life with genuine meaning is not limited by your present circumstances, and oftentimes, obstacles are actually signposts that point to the way.
As you touch base with your reason for being, the need for the freedom and the courage to fully express it is reignited – with this lunation also exchanging exciting conversations with Jupiter, the planet of luck and abundance, now in fiery Aries, the possibilities are endless! This New Moon reminds us that we are not locked in – we are free to go in and out as we please! The door is wide open, dear reader. You only need to find it.
What area of your life will be enriched by this abundant New Moon in Aquarius?
Check your rising sign below, to find out!
1. Aries Risings: Social network, social connections, friendships and groups, community, acquaintances, organizations, advocacies, future plans, hopes, and wishes, accumulations, and gains, politicians, social reform, championing causes
2. Taurus Risings: Career, colleagues and associates, Improvement of profession, reputation, achievement, public life and recognition, ambitions, general life direction, relationship with authority figures, and other people in power, parents especially the mother, bosses, government officials, what you are known for
3. Gemini Risings: Travel abroad, foreigners, higher education, going back to school, the higher mind, religion and those in the religious order, belief systems, law, publishing houses, professors, mentors, students, people from a different background/status/race/religion/age, etc.
4. Cancer Risings: Joint ventures, business partnerships, joint accounts, investments, inheritance, mutual funds, stock market, merging of assets, wealth managers, commissions, managerial work, loans, debts and taxes, co-dependency with spouse, sexual and emotional intimacy
5. Leo Risings: Focus on the other, marriages, relationships, committed partnerships, litigation, client-based work, one is to one interaction, concern for others, socialization, lawyers, litigation, contracts, close associations, open enemies
6. Virgo Risings: Your daily schedule, daily chores and errands, health, lifestyle changes, health practitioners, volunteering, service, practicing craft, perfecting a technique, workplace and relationship with co-workers, everyday errands, employees and staff, hired help, mind and body connection, day to day
7. Libra Risings: Romance and romantic prospects, love life, children and kids in general, fertility, creativity, creative self-expression, creative entrepreneurship, pleasure, fun, artistry, performance, creative partners
8. Scorpio Risings: Family and immediate family members, home, parents especially the father, properties, ancestry, residential areas, land, real estate, private life, past conditioning, your inner base of operations, people you live with, residential spaces, home renovations
9. Sagittarius Risings: Siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, and other extended relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins), automobiles, out-of-town trips, short-term travel, people you meet in local explorations, neighbors, immediate community, webinars, short-term courses, accreditations, certifications, teachers or instructors/facilitators
10. Capricorn Risings: Money and personal income, material purchases, personal savings, self-worth and self-value, financial independence, possessions, personal resources, entrepreneurship, people that you encounter in business, customers and patrons, people who affect your self-value, self-sufficiency
11. Aquarius Risings: SELF! Changes and improvements in physique, new personal goals, confidence, self-expression, vitality, and the physical body, your personal goals, and endeavors, your image, and your facade. Self-empowerment and the importance of putting yourself first, over anyone, the need to speak your truth
12. Pisces Risings: Rest and contemplation, spirituality, letting go, planning a new frontier, solitude, and peace of mind, endings, hidden situations, people in the past, spiritual teachers, hospitals, prison, and others isolated from society, hidden relationships, secret situations, hidden situations, fear of integrating, people who feel like emotional chains that you are energetically dependent on
Good luck everyone! Stay tuned for next month’s Cosmic Weather Report!
To review the remaining transits for the month, click here.