A NEW MOON happens on December 23, 2022 (6:16 PM, Philippine Time), at exactly 01°32′ of the sign of cardinal earth, CAPRICORN.
A New Moon welcomes the heart of the festivities, and once more, we find ourselves under a star-filled, moonless night. New Moon periods are windows of time where we may auspiciously set intentions, like planting seeds on fertile soil. Symbolically, we anchor our intentions to the lunar light, allowing these intentions to grow alongside the waxing of the Moon. This month’s NEW MOON happens in earthy CAPRICORN, the sign of high principle, achievement, and integrity.
The last New Moon of the year activates the part in our chart where we set forth to climb and pursue mastery. Of all the signs in the zodiac, Capricorn energy is arguably the most driven, in terms of tangible achievement and stature. It understands that in order to achieve success, it is necessary for one to put in the hours, instead of cutting corners. Ruled by Saturn, it enjoys endeavors that require focus, discipline, and “rising up the ranks. Personal and professional hierarchies are preferred where Capricorn is concerned, as these provide a sense of purpose through a staircase of goals that keep one sharp, focused, and centered.
This New Moon exchanges uncomfortable energies with JUPITER, the planet of expansion and excess. There is a general excitement present now, and possibilities are prominent once more. For the next 2 weeks, over-calculations on the area of life where this lands, are likely to happen. Some outcomes may have no bearing, while some may bring the need for damage control.
The need to cater to Jupiter’s optimism and excess may override the natural prudence that comes with Capricorn energy, and for the first time in a while, this may be a period where we truly step out of our inhibitions and throw caution to the wind. Focus and attention is easily scattered now, and the mood is that of the last week of school before summer vacation, where in you feel like you are in a waiting area, and you are less cautious about the consequences of your actions. After all, the school year has ended and you passed the next level already. That limbo of fun, the anticipation of what is to come, and the putting down of walls, is something we can strongly feel within the next couple of days.
This is the best time to set intentions for the coming year ahead, so take the time out to reflect on what it is that you want to come true, for the in coming year. Be as realistic as possible in your plans, and when you get too lost in the festivities, always remember that temperance is important. Moderation is the key to happiness: abundance is a blessing, but excess is a burden!
What area of your life will be expanded by this excessive New Moon in Capricorn?
Check your rising sign below, to find out!
1. Aries Risings: Career, colleagues and associates, Improvement of profession, reputation, achievement, public life and recognition, ambitions, general life direction, relationship with authority figures, and other people in power, parents especially the mother, bosses, government officials, what you are known for
2. Taurus Risings: Travel abroad, foreigners, higher education, going back to school, the higher mind, religion and those in the religious order, belief systems, law, publishing houses, professors, mentors, students, people from a different background/status/race/religion/age, etc.
3. Gemini Risings: Joint ventures, business partnerships, joint accounts, investments, inheritance, mutual funds, stock market, merging of assets, wealth managers, commissions, managerial work, loans, debts and taxes, co-dependency with spouse, sexual and emotional intimacy
4. Cancer Risings: Focus on the other, marriages, relationships, committed partnerships, litigation, client-based work, one is to one interaction, concern for others, socialization, lawyers, litigation, contracts, close associations, open enemies
5. Leo Risings: Your daily schedule, daily chores and errands, health, lifestyle changes, health practitioners, volunteering, service, practicing craft, perfecting a technique, workplace and relationship with co-workers, everyday errands, employees and staff, hired help, mind and body connection, day to day
6. Virgo Risings: Romance and romantic prospects, love life, children and kids in general, fertility, creativity, creative self-expression, creative entrepreneurship, pleasure, fun, artistry, performance, creative partners
7. Libra Risings: Family and immediate family members, home, parents especially the father, properties, ancestry, residential areas, land, real estate, private life, past conditioning, your inner base of operations, people you live with, residential spaces, home renovations
8. Scorpio Risings: Siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, and other extended relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins), automobiles, out-of-town trips, short-term travel, people you meet in local explorations, neighbors, immediate community, webinars, short-term courses, accreditations, certifications, teachers or instructors/facilitators
9. Sagittarius Risings: Money and personal income, material purchases, personal savings, self-worth and self-value, financial independence, possessions, personal resources, entrepreneurship, people that you encounter in business, customers and patrons, people who affect your self-value, self-sufficiency
10. Capricorn Risings: SELF! Changes and improvements in physique, new personal goals, confidence, self-expression, vitality, and the physical body, your personal goals, and endeavors, your image, and your facade. Self-empowerment and the importance of putting yourself first, over anyone, the need to speak your truth
11. Aquarius Risings: Rest and contemplation, spirituality, letting go, planning a new frontier, solitude, and peace of mind, endings, hidden situations, people in the past, spiritual teachers, hospitals, prison, and others isolated from society, hidden relationships, secret situations, hidden situations, fear of integrating, people who feel like emotional chains that you are energetically dependent on
12. Pisces Risings: Social network, social connections, friendships and groups, community, acquaintances, organizations, advocacies, future plans, hopes, and wishes, accumulations, and gains, politicians, social reform, championing causes