A NEW MOON happens on November 24, 2022 (6:57 AM, Philippine Time),
at exactly 01°37′ of the mutable fire sign, SAGITTARIUS.
A New Moon sends this month off, and once more, we find ourselves under a star-filled, moonless night. New Moon periods are windows of time where we may auspiciously set intentions, like planting seeds on fertile soil. Symbolically, we anchor our intentions to the lunar light, allowing these intentions to grow alongside the waxing of the Moon. This month’s NEW MOON happens in the firey SAGITTARIUS, the sign of the gypsy, the traveler, and the philosopher.
This month’s NEW MOON shines a light on an area in our lives where we are encouraged to take a leap of faith. Sagittarius comes from the latin word Sagitta which literally translates to ‘archer’. It is usually represented by a galloping centaur with a bow and arrow, allowing it to cover more ground than any other sign. Ruled by Jupiter, ideas are grand with this sign, oftentimes accompanied by unparalleled optimism and contagious good cheer. It educates, encourages, and is the first to identify and point out the silver lining in any dire situation. However, it’s not all peace and good cheer, not at all. Sagittarius, if need be, doesn’t hesitate to defend. It is, after all, the only sign armed with a weapon. It will not hesitate to use its arrows if necessary.
Of all the other signs in the Zodiac, Sagittarius is the sign that is centered on the pursuit of knowledge and truth. It is arguably the wisest of all the archetypes, as it actively seeks wisdom, wherever it may be found. What really sets it apart from all the others, however, is the relentless quality of its energy; more than a silent scholar who learns through instruction, Sagittarius, being a courageous fire sign, ups the ante by venturing forth, in search for experience that will not just supplement, but also validate, the lesson.
This New Moon brings with it incredibly expansive energy, allowing us to extended ourselves further than we ever thought possible in the area of life that it touches. With a strong JUPITER, back in its homesign of Pisces, exchanging harmonious conversations with the Moon, possibilities open up where there was lack. After a few months of starts and stops, retrogrades, eclipses, and so many other cosmic aspects that may have caused a dampening of spirits, this NEW MOON brings with it sparkling flavors of excitement and anticipation, reframing our mental focus. And slowly, hesitantly we may find ourselves believing in the dream once more. And carefully, with healthy suspicion, we may find ourselves opening up to hope again. Maybe, this time, it works. Maybe. The ‘No’ becomes a possibility. A maybe.
This recalibration of energy is very much needed, as we are now currently in the midst of a harsh Mars retrograde that tapers our patience in so many ways. This lunation helps us to zoom out so we can appreciate the bigger picture, instead of fixating too much on details that may prove to be unimportant in the long run. We are primed up for movement, ready to run, arrows pointed once more to the goal.
When was the last time you did something for the first time? When were you last carefree, embraced by promising possibilities with the world at your feet? For the first time in a while, the world is open again. Let this New Moon be the sign you’ve been waiting for, dear reader! The sign that urges you to take that leap, that chance, that invitation to adventure, the one you’ve been ignoring, while you were busy focusing on the trees, unable to see the majesty and the magnitude of the beautiful forest around you.
This is your sign, GO!
What area of your life will be fired up by this expansive Sagittarius New Moon?
Check your rising sign below, to find out!
1. Aries Risings: Travel abroad, foreigners, higher education, going back to school, the higher mind, religion and those in the religious order, belief systems, law, publishing houses, professors, mentors, students, people from a different background/status/race/religion/age, etc.
2. Taurus Risings: Joint ventures, business partnerships, joint accounts, investments, inheritance, mutual funds, stock market, merging of assets, wealth managers, commissions, managerial work, loans, debts and taxes, co-dependency with spouse, sexual and emotional intimacy
3. Gemini Risings: Focus on the other, marriages, relationships, committed partnerships, litigation, client-based work, one is to one interaction, concern for others, socialization, lawyers, litigation, contracts, close associations, open enemies
4. Cancer Risings: Your daily schedule, daily chores and errands, health, lifestyle changes, health practitioners, volunteering, service, practicing craft, perfecting a technique, workplace and relationship with co-workers, everyday errands, employees and staff, hired help, mind and body connection, day to day
5. Leo Risings: Romance and romantic prospects, love life, children and kids in general, fertility, creativity, creative self-expression, creative entrepreneurship, pleasure, fun, artistry, performance, creative partners
6. Virgo Risings: Family and immediate family members, home, parents especially the father, properties, ancestry, residential areas, land, real estate, private life, past conditioning, your inner base of operations, people you live with, residential spaces, home renovations
7. Libra Risings: Siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, and other extended relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins), automobiles, out-of-town trips, short-term travel, people you meet in local explorations, neighbors, immediate community, webinars, short-term courses, accreditations, certifications, teachers or instructors/facilitators
8. Scorpio Risings: Money and personal income, material purchases, personal savings, self-worth and self-value, financial independence, possessions, personal resources, entrepreneurship, people that you encounter in business, customers and patrons, people who affect your self-value, self-sufficiency
9. Sagittarius Risings: SELF! Changes and improvements in physique, new personal goals, confidence, self-expression, vitality, and the physical body, your personal goals, and endeavors, youUranusimage, and your facade. Self-empowerment and the importance of putting yourself first, over anyone, the need to speak your truth
10. Capricorn Risings: Rest and contemplation, spirituality, letting go, planning a new frontier, solitude, and peace of mind, endings, hidden situations, people in the past, spiritual teachers, hospitals, prison, and others isolated from society, hidden relationships, secret situations, hidden situations, fear of integrating, people who feel like emotional chains that you are energetically dependent on
11. Aquarius Risings: Social network, social connections, friendships and groups, community, acquaintances, organizations, advocacies, future plans, hopes, and wishes, accumulations, and gains, politicians, social reform, championing causes
12. Pisces Risings: Career, colleagues and associates, Improvement of profession, reputation, achievement, public life and recognition, ambitions, general life direction, relationship with authority figures, and other people in power, parents especially the mother, bosses, government officials, what you are known for