A second new Moon sends this month off, and once more, we find ourselves under a star-filled, moonless night. New Moon periods are windows of time where we may auspiciously set intentions, like planting seeds on fertile soil. Symbolically, we anchor our intentions to the lunar light, allowing these intentions to grow alongside the waxing of the Moon. This month’s rare second NEW MOON happens in the curious sign of GEMINI, the sign of communication, the mind, and the cosmic twins.
Exciting prospects light up like neon fireflies in the atmosphere, and with a childlike sense of wonder, you are more than excited to seize as many as you possibly can! The need to communicate and forge mental connections may be strongly felt now, too, and we may find ourselves gravitating to those who may allow us to hear, and be heard. However, this new Moon is anchored to a retrograde MERCURY, giving off the energy of curtailed excitement, as, with any Mercury retrograde period, delays and other complications on plans are highly likely.
Delaying decisions and definitive measures may be the best course of action, but it is easier said than done. After all, a newly fired-up JUPITER is conjunct MARS in its home-sign of ARIES, creating a strong, expanded sense of urgency that is difficult to hinder! Exciting, piping hot ideas and delicious new beginnings are served by this New Moon, but remember: It’s important to exercise restraint first, and refrain from taking an immediate bite. Otherwise, you run the risk of burning your tongue!
Although wonderful new beginnings are indeed abound for now, what area of your life may possibly demand immediate priority, but will best be dealt with restrained action and caution? Check your rising sign below, to find out!
1. Aries Risings: Siblings, extended relatives, automobiles, out of town trips, neighbors, webinars, short term courses, accreditations
2. Taurus Risings: Money and personal income, material purchases, personal savings, self-worth, and financial independence, wishes, accumulations, and gains
3. Gemini Risings: SELF! Changes and improvements in physique, new personal goals, confidence, and authentic self-expression
4. Cancer Risings: Rest and contemplation, spirituality, letting go, planning a new frontier, solitude, and peace of mind
5. Leo Risings: Social network, friendships and groups, community, advocacies, future plans, hopes, and wishes, accumulations, and gains
6. Virgo Risings: Career! Improvement of profession, reputation, public achievement, ambitions, general life direction
7. Libra Risings: Travel abroad, foreigners, higher education, going back to school, the higher mind, religion, and belief systems
8. Scorpio Risings: Joint ventures, business partnerships, joint accounts, investments, inheritance, mutual funds, stock market, merging of assets
9. Sagittarius Risings: Relationships, Committed partnerships, Litigation, Client-based work, one is to one interaction, concern for others
10. Capricorn Risings: Daily schedule, health, volunteering, service, practicing a craft, perfecting a technique, workplace, and relationship with co-workers, everyday errands
11. Aquarius Risings: Romance, love life, fertility, and children
12. Pisces Risings: Family, home, parents, properties, residential areas