On August 27, 2022, at 4:17 PM, A NEW MOON happens on 4°03′ of VIRGO
A New Moon sends this month off, and once more, we find ourselves under a star-filled, moonless night. New Moon periods are windows of time where we may auspiciously set intentions, like planting seeds on fertile soil. Symbolically, we anchor our intentions to the lunar light, allowing these intentions to grow alongside the waxing of the Moon. This month’s NEW MOON happens in meticulous VIRGO, the sign of analysis, service, and hard work.
Virgo as an archetype is all about narrowed focus. It is the energy that allows us to zoom in on a certain task, taking time to organize and analyze the necessary details, while discarding information that is just clutter in the mindspace. Traditionally, in antiquity, Virgo was represented by the image of the maiden who was a “virgin”. Virginity back then was associated with purity, perfection, and the ideal, which is what Virgo is really all about: the pursuit of being able to do things exactly right, the perfect, proper way.
This New MOON engages in a tense conversation with MARS, the planet of action and assertion. A sense of urgency is strongly felt now, and we are compelled to exert more effort and action to reach what we may perceive as ‘perfection’. Nervous energy may be prevalent for most, as we feel intense pressure to measure up to the ideal, whatever it may be for each of us. This lunar energy will find us cleaning, rearranging, polishing a certain area in our lives with so much tenacity and relentlessness, that those who stand in the way may be on the receiving end of sharp, detailed criticism and crippling, nagging chastisement. Spoiler: even then, perfection will not be reached. However, if utilized well, this VIRGO New Moon will make sure we get as close to it as we possibly can!
What area of your life are you polishing and rearranging, with this exhaustive but fulfilling VIRGO New Moon?
Check your rising sign below, to find out!
1. Aries Risings: Daily schedule, daily chores and errands, health, volunteering, service, practicing a craft, perfecting a technique, workplace, and relationship with co-workers, everyday errands
2. Taurus Risings: Romance, love life, children, fertility, creativity, creative self- expression, creative entrepreneurship, pleasure, fun, artistry, performance
3. Gemini Risings: Family, home, parents, properties, ancestry, residential areas, land, real estate, private life, past conditioning
4. Cancer Risings: Siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles and other extended relatives, automobiles, out-of-town trips, neighbors, webinars, short term courses, accreditations, certifications
5. Leo Risings: Money and personal income, material purchases, personal savings, self-worth and self value, financial independence, possessions, personal resources, entrepreneurship
6. Virgo Risings: SELF! Changes and improvements in physique, new personal goals, confidence, self-expression, vitality and the physical body
7. Libra Risings: Rest and contemplation, spirituality, letting go, planning a new frontier, solitude, and peace of mind, endings, hidden situations
8. Scorpio Risings: Social network, friendships and groups, community, advocacies, future plans, hopes, and wishes, accumulations, and gains
9. Sagittarius Risings:Career! Improvement of profession, reputation, achievement, public life and recognition, ambitions, general life direction, relationship with authority figures, and other people in power.
10. Capricorn Risings: Travel abroad, foreigners, higher education, going back to school, the higher mind, religion, belief systems, law, publishing
11. Aquarius Risings: Joint ventures, business partnerships, joint accounts, investments, inheritance, mutual funds, stock market, merging of assets, sexual and emotional intimacy
12. Pisces Risings: marriages, relationships, committed partnerships, litigation, client-based work, one is to one interaction, concern for others, socialization